Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fruita??? Seriously???

What a stupid name for a cool little Colorado town. I find myself walking around the ever-so-hip downtown trying to think of a pun using the town's silly name. No dice yet...

The trip to Burning Man is going well. We made it across the Rockies yesterday. The Expy pulled Marge admirably although I had it pretty much floored by the time we reached the Eisenhauer (sp?) tunnel.

I was doing my usual renovation work on Marge this morning at the campground and the host-lady came by and said "what's going on here?". It's pretty common for people to stop by and see what I'm doing but I could tell she had more on her mind than vintage Airstream talk. She said "you can't do repair work here. The owners would have a stroke if they saw this". Wow - those owners must have a lot of loose plague running through their arteries. The whole thing kinda chapped my ass so I packed up and headed to a coffee shop where Mick was feverishly working on his Mac.

We're about to head west, to where I'm not sure. More to come this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment