Friday, August 27, 2010

RIP Marge the Airstream

I've lived the majority of my life waking up in a shit-storm. My circadian rhythm issues cause me to wake up well after most people, so I'm used to waking up with things already going to hell in a hand-basket.

But yesterday was a little different.  In short, I woke up in a clothes dryer, with clothes, dogs, and stuff of all kinds flying around me, along with the sounds of breaking glass and twisting metal.  I was being bounced from wall to ceiling to wall and back to the floor, all the while somehow knowing I needed to keep my appendages from falling out the shattered windows that surrounded me.  I vaguely remember some tire screeching and being thrown side to side before the dryer started.  I knew something was REALLY wrong but, since I had just woken up, I didn't know much more than that.  

I'm still digesting all that happened yesterday.  Suffice it to say, Mick, Farhad, Homer, Max and I lived through a horrendously violent car wreck.  Aside from some minor cuts and scrapes, we're okay.  Thanks to Powers that I am only now pondering, we are damn lucky to be alive.  And that's all that really matters.  

It's been over 24 hours since this shit-storm started and I'm just now "waking up" to what comes next.  It's a chance for a fresh start for all of us and we're just starting to understand our options.  

More to come...  

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo glad that you are all ok!! But we need more info, don't leave us hangin!!
    The Nuzzi Fam

    ReplyDelete